Monday 17 September 2012

Blackboard paint

Blackboard paint is something I love working with.
I love that you can use on most anything and it's really not that expensive.
About 6 years ago, I decorated Leah's bedroom and painted her a chalkboard on the wall.


It was a real labour of love doing the border, I printed the flowers off on sticker paper and cut each one out, pretty fiddly work.

I've had a pot of black blackboard paint for a couple of months and have finally got around to using it.

Here's what I did.

Frame from Ikea and paint from B & Q


Three coats of paint on the mirror side and two coats on the back.



Plain wood embellishment from  craft shop.



Painted with white acrylic paint.



A nice even coating of mod podge.



Sprinkled with fine glitter straight away, whilst the mod podge still wet.
I did a second coat after the first had dried.



I stuck it to the mirror frame using super glue.
Just one or two more jobs to do on this one.

x





No comments:

Post a Comment